Actisense NDC5 NMEA 0183 Multiplexer
The NDC-5 is more than just an NMEA 0183 Combiner/Multiplexer; it provides an installer with a highly flexible platform that can be used to solve many NMEA 0183 interconnectivity headaches.
The five NMEA 0183 inputs can be routed to any of the two NMEA 0183 outputs providing a highly customisable network. The bi-directional serial port and Ethernet port also allow for simple configuration and diagnostics using Actisense software.
The configuration tool is accessible via any popular web browser (using the Ethernet port) so there are no PC operating system compatibility issues to contend with. Using the web based configuration tool will allow the user to finely tune the exact data available on each output. The default setup is for all data to go to all outputs.
Industry leading isolation is provided on all inputs and outputs as standard, so that connected devices safely avoid hazardous ground loops, the number one cause of product failure in NMEA 0183 networks. This makes the NDC-5 robust enough to handle any NMEA 0183 installation.
- Ethernet port – for configuration, diagnostics and sharing NMEA 0183 data (future update)
- 5 OPTO-Isolated NMEA 0183 inputs
- 2 ISO-Drive NMEA 0183 outputs
- Advanced Data Filtering/Routing
- Configurable Input and output baud rates
- Autoswitch mode available to offer system redundancy
- Serial port – for configuration, diagnostics or as an additional NMEA 0183 input/output.
- Free firmware updates make the device future-proof
- Power LED to indicate operational state
- Rx LED to indicate data on inputs
- Status LED (bi-colour) to indicate output Data Overload or a range of other states
- DIN rail or Panel mountable
- Pluggable screw terminal connectors for quick and easy installation