Digital Yacht 4G Connect 2G/3G/4G Pro
4G Connect is a new 2G/3G/4G (LTE) internet access solution for use afloat. It utilises the latest MIMO technology with dual antennas for fast, long range access and incorporates a full function wifi router so multiple devices can connect wirelessly. There is also a wired LAN port and WAN port – for connection to high power wifi devices or satellite modems.
The Pro model ships with two external hi gain antennas for exceptional long range performance and is the recommended solution for use afloat.
4G Connect has an easy to use interface. It is SIM unlocked so users are free to use any cellular provider they choose.
Operation is simple – turn on, connect to the password protected wifi hotspot that 4G Connect creates and your device is online. Digital Yacht’s WL510 high power wifi solution can also be connected to the WAN port for a choice between hotspot wifi and 4G connectivity. iKommunicate can also connect to the LAN port providing boat NMEA data on the wifi network for use with navigation apps.
The 4G Connect Pro is provided with 7m cable kit.
- Hi performance 4G/LTE modem for exceptional speed and range with fall back to 2G/3G
- SIM unlocked for any network provider
- Supplied with 2 x high performance external 48cm antennas for optimum speed and range
- 7m low loss LMR 200 cable kit included
- Supplied with deck base for antennas (as shown)
- LTE Class 3 modem offers long range and up to 70Mbps speeds
- Recommended solution for offshore use and non GRP vessels
- Wifi interface for tablets and phones
- Ethernet LAN port for connection to iKommunicate navigation interface – allows boat NMEA 0183/2000 data to be available on the wifi network – ideal for smartphone and tablet navigation
- Ethernet WAN port can connect to satellite or WL510 high power wifi system for combination LTE/WiFi hotspot solution
- 12V DC operation with <5W power consumption
- Optional 1” base adaptor available for antennas
- Optional 10 & 20m LMR400 assemblies