Garmin Compact Reactor40 Hydraulic Autopilot Start Pack
Ideal Entry-level Autopilot System
- Includes Compact Reactor 40 CCU, ECU, pump and other autopilot components needed to add to your compatible chartplotter
- Recommended only for single-engine outboard boats less than 30’ long¹
- Solid-state 9-axis Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS)
- Minimizes heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption while providing a comfortable ride
- Minimal commissioning and calibration
Designed for boats less than 30’ long, the Compact Reactor 40 hydraulic autopilot provides relief from manually holding the wheel to maintain course, especially when cruising at moderate to high speeds¹. Sit back at the helm, and enjoy your time on the water as the solid-state 9-axis AHRS technology delivers a comfortable ride.
Offered in 3 different corepacks, this autopilot lets you configure your autopilot setup, depending on the features you need and how much you want to spend. Buy the starter pack (compatible chartplotter required²), add a GHC™ 20 marine autopilot control unit, or add both GHC 20 and the Shadow Drive™ attachment.
The autopilot is easy to install with flexible mounting options and quick, easy commissioning. Choose a corepack with our patented Shadow Drive technology, and simply turn the wheel to take control of the helm; hold a constant course to re-engage. It integrates with compatible Garmin electronics to control the autopilot from the chartplotter display. And it can be engaged to follow an Auto Guidance path³ (requires LakeVü HD Ultra maps or BlueChart® g2 Vision® HD charts).
- Reactor 40 CCU (Course Computer Unit)
- 1.0 L Pump
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
- ECU power cable
- Interconnect cable
- NMEA 2000® drop cables (2 meters)
- NMEA 2000 power cable
- NMEA 2000 T-connectors
- Male and female terminators
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.3 " x 4.4 " x 1.9 " (10.9 x 11.2 x 4.8 cm)
Pump dimensions, LxWxH: 6.6 " x 3.9 " x 3.3 " (16.8 x 10.0 x 8.5 cm)
NMEA output: NMEA 2000
Supply voltage: 10V to 20V
Operating temperature: -15° C to 70 C° (5° F to 158° F)