Standard Horizon GX-1600 Explorer Marine VHF - Black
Mounting a VHF radio has never been easier.
The Explorer GX1600 has an ultra-thin and compact rear case, only 3 1/2" in depth or half the depth of comparable VHF radios. The rear case design also gives flexibility when flush mounting the radio in tight areas or bracket mounting the radio by taking up less dash space, and allowing more mounting options.
The GX1600 meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC regulations with a dedicated channel 70 receiver that continuously watches for DSC calls. The GX1600 accepts a RAM3 Remote Access Microphone, allowing full control of all radio and DSC functions from a second station. The microphone uses ClearVoice noise reduction technology, which reduces wind and engine noise when transmitting.
- Channel Selection: Up/down keys
- Controls: Volume, squelch, spring-loaded DSC distress cover, backlit keypad
- Mic Controls: Channel selection, 16/9 and H/L keys
- Display Type: Backlit dot matrix
- Scanning Modes: Programmable, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 25µV; Rejection: 70dB
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 0183
- DSC: Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC
- Dimensions: 5 3/8"W x 2 13/16"H x 2 9/16"D
- Amperage: 5A transmit / 0.5A receive
- Waterproof: Rating: IPX8 submersible plus
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof, $65 flat rate
- RAM3+ second station mic capable: Need to remotely control the VHF from your cockpit of fly bridge? The Explorer is RAM3+ remote mic capable to control all VHF, DSC functions at a second station.
- Big, bold display: There is no question about it. With a big, bold display there is no mistaking the information. The contrast and brightness can be adjusted for situations where the radio cannot be mounted directly in front of you.
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch: Scanning is not an issue with the Explorer. The radio can be set up to scan any number of channels with or without a Channel 16 as the priority channel or simply can be setup to scan between a priority channel and one other channel (dual watch).
- Clearvoice noise reduction technology: The Explorer features Clear Voice Noise Reduction Technology eliminating unwanted background noises like engines and wind during transmission. This assures transmissions are crystal clear along with dedicated 16/9, H/L keys and channel selection.
- Navigate to Waypoints: The Explorer is capable of entering and saving up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint when connected to an external GPS.
- DSC Position Polling and NMEA in/output: Easily share position information with other DSC equipped vessels using the position request and position reporting functions. With the push of a few buttons you can request the position of another vessel, or simply send your position information to the vessel you select.
- Programmable Channel Names: The Explorer is supplied from the factory preloaded with description of the use of Marine channels (16-Distress, 22A-USCG, 71-Pleasure...). The channel names may be customized by the user to easily understand the use of each channel.
- GPS repeating: By connecting a GPS to the Explorer; Position, date, and time are also displayed when interfaced with a GPS receiver.
- NOAA Weather channels and Weather Alert: 10 NOAA and Canadian Weather channels are pre-programmed and easily selectable using the dedicated WX key. In addition, the EXPLORER can be set to monitor WX channels and provide an audible alert to inform of pending storm advisories.